Saturday, June 13, 2009

Families Can Be Together Forever


Several months after Josh passed away, I came across a CD I hadn't seen for a very long time. On it's label it said, "Happy Birthday Daddy, from Josh, Dec. 2004". I remembered how Josh had chosen Primary songs from an easy piano book, recorded the songs on our electric piano, and after I had recorded a duet track with each one, we made the CD and surprised Enos with it. What I didn't remember is what songs Josh had picked. Now, I'm amazed at how profound his choices were. As I look through the thirty some songs he could have picked, including fun favorites as Popcorn Popping and Happy, Happy Birthday, I marvel that a nine year old chose the ones we would need to hear now.



I took three songs and arranged them into a piano medley.  When you click on the link below, the audio will appear in another window, but you may return to this window and follow along with the lyrics below:



FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER MEDLEY
Words by Ruth M. Gardner, Music by Vanja Y. Watkins
 I Love to See the Temple, words & music by Janice Kapp Perry
I Feel My Savior's Love, words by Ralph Rodgers, K. Newell Dayley, and Laurie Huffman, Music by K. Newell Dayley

I have a fam’ly here on earth. They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them through all eternity.
I love to see the temple. I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty.
I feel my Savior’s love in all the world around me.
His Spirit warms my soul through ev’rything I see.
For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned Fam’lies can be together forever through Heavenly Father’s plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me… A family is forever.



25 comments:

  1. I look forward to your posts everyday! How beautiful and blessed you are to have these precious memories and keepsakes. We think of you guys EVERYDAY! Keep posting! It uplifts us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after just a fey seconds i was in tears its almost like he knew all along

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am I my ward's choir director. I was looking for songs about family and temple work and came across your blog. I love your arrangement. I would love to use it in my ward, as either a piano solo, or put words to it to have the choir perform. Would you be willing to share your music?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jeff Detlefsen; email me at ogdencummings@hotmail.com and I will send you some of my arrangements in pdf format.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for an arrangement of Families Can Be Together Forever along with I Love to See the Temple for a solo I have been asked to sing in my stake conference. Your medley is beautiful and I saw the previous comment here and was wondering if you had it available for use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! As the previous comments have stated, I would also be interested in using this arrangement in our upcoming Primary Program. Would you mind sharing? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is so beautiful and I was hoping to use it for our primary program this year! Would you be willing to email me a pdf version on the music? Thank you so much! michele.tripple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!! So beautiful and so inspired! Would it be possible to get a copy of the music so I could teach it to my primary for the program this year. It would be beautiful!!! oyler7@gmail.com Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too would love this for our primary program. Would it be possible to get the music? That was just beautiful. You truly have an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. Can you also send me the sheet music version to paigegardiner@gmail.com. I would love to use it for my program as well. Thank you--pg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did she send you a copy of the song... I can't get a hold of her and I was hoping to have it asap for a funeral in a few days. So I'm just trying to get this version. I've emailed her twice... so I was just checking with a few people if she emailed it to you. Thank you. My email is madsen_722@yahoo.com

      Delete
  12. This arrangement is absolutely beautiful! I have been asked to sing in sacrament meeting this month and your arrangement is exactly what I'm looking for. Is there anyway you'de share sheet music? Thank you for this! My email is ssmalohifoou@gmail

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello. This arrangement is so beautiful. It is just what I was hoping to find to play at my uncle's funeral this Saturday. Is there any way you can email it to me? My email address is: eclairvienna@gmail.com. Whether you are able to or not, I just wanted to also thank you for sharing your talent with us. Hearing this song was like a balm to my aching soul this evening.

    Sincerely,
    Jen Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your beautiful arrangement. You are talented and I would love to use this as a special musical number in our Gilbert AZ ward in July. If that is ok, can I please have a copy of the arrangement emailed to karijwatts@gmail.com Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this arrangement. I also would like to have this to play in sacrament meeting. suzettetyler@cox.net Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this arrangement. I also would like to have this to play in sacrament meeting. suzettetyler@cox.net Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! I would love to play it as a piano solo this week in sacrament for our topic of the Plan of Happiness. I don't think I could sing it without crying! Thank you! Carachilds@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can I please have a copy? My email is lauren.benedict@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love a copy of this for our primary to sing. Could you please send it to me? davidunderly@netscape.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such a beautiful arrangement. My 12 year old daughter is singing in sacrament meeting, with a theme about temples, and this song would be perfect. Could you please email me a pdf of the music at teresamcentire@gmail.com
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful and what a wonderful tribute to your family. I too, would like a copy of that arrangement I am the new primary chorister and this would be perfect for what I had in mind. If you don't mind sharing, my email is kellyann.knight@gmail.com. thank you in advance and thanks for sharing your story..
    Kelly knight

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful and what a wonderful tribute to your family. I too, would like a copy of that arrangement I am the new primary chorister and this would be perfect for what I had in mind. If you don't mind sharing, my email is kellyann.knight@gmail.com. thank you in advance and thanks for sharing your story..
    Kelly knight

    ReplyDelete